Saturday, May 17, 2014

Character Interview for TAKE ME ON


Acclaimed author Katie McGarry returns with the knockout new story of two high school seniors who are about to learn what winning really means. 

Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor. Suddenly, Haley has to train West Young. All attitude, West is everything Haley promised herself she'd stay away from. Yet he won't last five seconds in the ring without her help. 

West is keeping a big secret from Haley. About who he really is. But helping her--fighting for her--is a shot at redemption. Especially since it's his fault his family is falling apart. He can't change the past, but maybe he can change Haley's future.

Haley and West have agreed to keep their relationship strictly in the ring. But as an unexpected bond forms between them and attraction mocks their best intentions, they'll face their darkest fears and discover love is worth fighting for.

**Bonus Content** The novella, Crossing the Line, will be included in the back of Take Me On (both print and e-book editions).

I am so excited to have the main characters of TAKE ME ON here for an interview today!

West:
  1. When did you start training to be an MMA fighter? I started training after I accepted a fight in Haley’s honor. When I first met Haley, she got into a scrape, I tried to help out, and she ended up helping me. I pay my debts and Haley is definitely a girl worth fighting for.
  1. What do you like about it? MMA is like the ultimate chess game. It’s not always the stronger fighter that wins, but often the smartest. You have to know when to go on the offensive and when to choose defense. It’s an amazing sport.
     3. What was your first impression of Haley? Haley is a walking talking inferno and I have no problem being burned by her flames. That was my first impression of her and it’s still what I think of her. Good thing I don’t mind playing with fire.

Haley:
  1. When did you start training to be an MMA fighter? I leave the MMA fighting to West, my brother, and cousin. I’m actually a kick boxer. My father was a kick boxer and he trained at my grandfather’s gym. It’s where he and Mom met. The kick boxer fell for the trainer’s daughter. It’s all love storyish!                                                                                                                  Anyway, I grew up in the gym with my dad and grandfather. Some of my earliest memories are of me and my brother and cousin swinging each other on the punching bags. Fighting has always been a part of my life.
  2. What do you like about it? Kick boxing is empowering—no question about it. I can’t explain the zone I go into when I’m training. This feeling that I can do anything, that I can push myself beyond what I might believe I can do and succeed. It’s an amazing feeling.
     3. What was your first impression of West? My first impression of West is that he was cocky…and hot. He’s still cocky and he’s undeniably hot, but he’s my type of stubborn and hot.

 West, in one word or phrase…
  1. How would you describe your family? Complicated
  1. How would you describe Haley? Strong
  1. Junk food or health nut? Junk food
  1. Baggy jeans or skinny jeans? Baggy
  1. Combat boots or tennis shoes? Tennis shoes
  1. Boxers or briefs? Boxers 

Haley, in one word or phrase…
  1. How would you describe your family? A mess
  1. How would you describe West? Loyal
  1. Junk food or health nut? A mix between the two
  1. Jeans or skirt? Jeans
  1. Flats or Chucks? Chucks
  1. Bikini or one-piece? One piece 
Katie was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie is the author of full length YA novels, PUSHING THE LIMITS, DARE YOU TO, CRASH INTO YOU, TAKE ME ON, and BREAKING THE RULES and the e-novellas, CROSSING THE LINE and RED AT NIGHT.


No comments: